**NOTE- IF YOU ARE TOO BUSY OR LAZY TO READ THIS BLOG…
(But be sure to come back for the great recipes included in this blog post!)
After a busy weekend of activities, errands, parties and get-togethers, Monday can come fast. If we are not prepared in the kitchen, sadly our healthy diet can become quickly sabotaged. It usually happens because we don’t take a few hours of time during the weekend to secure our week’s health. What if I told you that all you really need is 1-2 hours on Sunday to create a successful Monday, which leads to a successful week! And you don’t have to be a gourmet chef. In fact, you don’t really have to like cooking at all. Healthy meal prep is one of the best feelings, the feeling of opening up your fridge to find pre-made, pre-prepped containers stored with your favorite foods. I know that, for me, it makes all the difference.
While I enjoy cooking, the truth is that with my busy lifestyle, I don’t always have the time to make elaborate meals. And I know many of you trump my active lifestyle. With that in mind, I have created an easy and efficient 3-day healthy meal prep plan, that even the busiest of people can conquer!
In fact, some of you might be so short on time, that you’d find it more efficient to watch these prep tips, rather than read them. So, Molly and I created a healthy meal prep video just for YOU! It is a MUST watch… especially if you’re comfortable with the word “lazy” (at least when it comes to cooking!) Take it from Molly, as she shares her tips from a “lazy” mom’s point of view! Start watching the VIDEO below and then come back to see my 3-Day Easy Healthy Meal Prep Plan and try out my “Easy-Peasy” Meat Sauce recipe!
I find this meal plan so satisfying that there are some weeks I repeat the plan for the last 3 days of the week too! For variety, I like to mix up some of my protein choices. So watch the video and then try out the simple meal plan below! I hope it helps you as much as it helps me!
Be sure to comment below and tell me what recipes are YOUR go-to recipes for “easy-peasy”!
Heather’s Easy 3-Day Healthy Meal Prep!
- Create a shopping list for the items you would like to use in the following meal suggestions!
- Grocery shop (I suggest your local farmers market and/or local health food market)
- Immediately wash, cut and store all of your produce
- Immediately prepare your protein choices (bake, roast, sauté, grill, etc.)
- Immediately soak any nuts, seeds or legumes (see our soak and sprout guidelines)
- Prepare smoothie bags as shown in T30C 4P video (Green Goddess Smoothie recipe included)
- Prepare Mason Jar Salad for two days
- After 6-12 hours of soaking, make nut milk of choice
- Prepare Green Chia Mason Jar (see video or check THIS link)
- Make zoodles and/or rice cauliflower for base to meat sauce (“Easy-Peasy” Meat Sauce recipe included below)
3-Day Easy Meal Plan:
DAY 1 – Green chia pudding
DAY 2 & 3 – Green smoothie with hardboiled egg
DAY 1 Mason Jar Salad
DAY 2 – Leftover prosciutto chicken and side salad or veggie of choice
DAY 3 – Mason Jar Salad
DAY 1 – Prosciutto wrapped chicken (see video for Molly’s easy demo!)
DAY 2 – Zoodles with meat sauce
DAY 3 – Cauli “rice” with leftover meat sauce
Heather’s “Easy-Peasy” Meat Sauce Recipe
1 lb grass-fed organic ground beef or turkey (this can be made vegan by replacing with 1 cup lentils)
1 small onion diced
2-3 cloves of garlic chopped (or use pre-chopped)
3-4 oz mushrooms of choice (I prefer beech or maitake)
any other veggies you want to throw in
½-1 jar of clean, organic tomato sauce – no sugar added
(I like Organic Bello Tomato Basil)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Nutritional yeast (optional)
- Sauté the meat in a pan until browned. Remove from heat and transfer cooked meat to a bowl.
- Using same pan, place back on low-med heat and sauté onions and garlic (adding a bit of grass-fed butter if needed to avoid sticking)
- When onions are translucent, add mushrooms and other veggies of choice and sauté until close to tender. Add meat back into pan with veggies.
- Add tomato sauce. Cook until sauce is thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat and pour over base of choice: zoodles, riced cauliflower, spaghetti squash or gluten-free high quality pasta!
Sprinkle with nutritional yeast if you like. High quality parmesan cheese is an option too, if you are not on a 30 Clean Challenge and do not have a dairy intolerance!
In peace + health,
PS. Don’t forget to let me know how your 3-day healthy meal prep goes! Post to social media or comment below!