I was in the kitchen with Chef Rose a few weeks ago, and every recipe she made used something GREEN! Which makes them all the perfect meals for St. Patricks Day… oh, and kids will love them too!
Green Almond Butter Banana Pancakes
*We made these 3 ingredient pancakes into 4 ingredient pancakes by adding some greens!
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- ½ banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp almond butter or sunbutter
- ghee or coconut oil
Add spinach, banana, almond butter and egg to a blender and mix until combined. Heat a pan or skillet and add coconut oil or ghee to coat pan. Make pancakes from the batter and cook on both sides. Top with a little more almond butter and ghee or coconut oil.
Spinach Cooling Smoothie
*Great smoothie to give your digestion a rest or calm any digestive issues with the cinnamon and ginger.
- ½ orange or small tangerine
- ½ banana
- 1 cucumber
- ½ tsp fresh ginger (grated, change amount according to preference)
- 2 cups spinach, packed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup almond milk (or nut milk of your choice or coconut water)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup ice
Blend in a high speed blender until combined- then enjoy!
Avocado Cacao Pudding
*A sweet treat with so many healthy fats- this will keep you satiated and satisfy your sweet tooth.
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (the more, the chocolatey-er)
- 2 teaspoons raw honey (please note, if you are on a 30 Clean Challenge, please omit the honey and replace with 1/2 banana or 1 date.)
- 1 teaspoon sunbutter (or other nut butter)
- pinch of salt
- cacao nibs (optional)
Mash up your avocado. Add in your cocoa powder, raw honey, sunbutter, pinch of salt and mix thoroughly. Top with cacao nibs, golden berries, goji berries, pepitas or whatever you like!
All of these recipes may be enjoyed as a nutrient dense breakfast or as a mini meal after a high intensity workout! Great for prenatal and nursing mamas too, with their high fat content!